By continuing the successful tradition of the RR conference, the 9th International Conference On Web Reasoning And Rule Systems (RR 2015) will host a Doctoral Consortium (DC).
The RR 2015 DC will provide doctoral students in Web Reasoning and related areas with a unique opportunity to present and discuss their research directions, be involved into state-of-the-art research discussion, and supported in establishing fruitful research collaborations.
To this end, the conference will host two main DC events:
- a mentoring lunch, where students will have the opportunity to get in touch with prominent researchers and pioneers in the field of Web Reasoning and Rules, and of related areas;
- a poster session where students will have the possibility to present their work, share their ideas, and receive constructive feedback on their research activity.
Last but not least, interested students may consider to attend also the 11th Reasoning Web Summer School (RW 2015), which will be held from July 21 to August 4 2015 in Berlin, co-located with RR 2015.
24/05/2015: submission deadline (extended!)
14/06/2015: camera ready
04/08/2015: Doctoral Consortium
All deadlines have a cut-off point of 23:59 anywhere on earth.
We encourage submissions from PhD students whose research activity is related to web reasoning and rule systems. Students are invited to submit an original description of their work, covering the following aspects:
- Introduction and motivation: a clear formulation of the research questions you are trying to solve.
- Background: positioning of such questions in the field of web reasoning and rule systems, and description of the relevant state of the art.
- Research plan and achivements: description of the proposed solution to the aforementioned research questions, and of the corresponding research plan, stressing in particular relevance and novelty.
Each submission consists of:
- A paper conforming to the submission information above, limited to 8 pages in English,and formatted using the LNCS style.
- A short reference letter from the PhD supervisor, indicating the current status of the student within the PhD research activity, the expected date of thesis submissions, the publications co-authored by the student within the PhD, and why it is important for him/her to attend the RR 2015 DC.
Please create a single PDF containing the submission and the reference letter.
Submissions are managed through Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rr2015dc
The proceedings of the RR 2015 DC will be published as CEUR Proceedings, listed in DBLP and indexed by SCOPUS.
Doctoral Consortium Chair:
Marco Montali (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
Jose Julio Alferes (Universidade NOVA de Lisboa)
Meghyn Bienvenu (CNRS & Université Paris-Sud)
Roman Kontchakov (Birkbeck, University of London)
Domenico Lembo (Sapienza University of Rome)
Jorge Lobo (ICREA and Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
Thomas Meyer (UKZN and CSIR Meraka)
Giorgio Orsi (University of Oxford)
Magdalena Ortiz (Vienna University of Technology)
Fabio Patrizi (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
Andreas Pieris (Vienna University of Technology)
Francesco Ricca (University of Calabria)
Federico Ulliana (LIRMM and Montpellier University)
STUDENT TRAVEL SUPPORT
RR 2015 will provide travel support to students. Details will be announced later.