RR 2015 2nd Call for paper
The scale and the heterogenous nature of web data poses many challenges, and turns basic tasks such as query answering and data transformations into complex reasoning problems. Rule-based systems have found many applications in this area. The RR conference welcomes original research from all areas of Web Reasoning and Rule Systems. Topics of particular interest are:
- Rule-based languages for intelligent information access and for the semantic web
- Ontology-based data access
- Data management, and data interoperability for web data
- Distributed agent-based systems for the web
- Scalability and expressive power of logics for the semantic web
- Reasoning with incomplete, inconsistenct and uncertain data
- Non-monotonic, commonsense, and closed-world reasoning for web data
- Constraint programming, inductive logic programming for web data
- Streaming data and complex event processing
- Rule-based approaches to machine learning, knowledge extraction and information retrieval
- Rule-based approaches to natural language processing
- System descriptions, applications and experiences
Submissions are now open via EasyChair.
We accept the following submission formats for papers:
- Full papers (up to 15 pages in LNCS style)
- Technical Communications (up to 6 pages in LNCS style)
Submitted full papers should present original and significant research results. They must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference/workshop with formal proceedings. Double submission to a workshop with informal proceedings is allowed.
Technical communications are intended for promising but possibly preliminary work, position papers, system descriptions, and applications descriptions (which may be accompanied by a demo).
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS), and all submissions must be prepared in Springer's LaTeX style llncs (http://www.springer.com/comp/lncs/Authors.html).
Title and Abstract submission: March 3, 2015 March 11, 2015
Full papers submission: March 10, 2015 March 18, 2015
Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2015
Camera-ready submission: May 15, 2015
Conference: August 4-5, 2015
For each of these deadlines, a cut-off point of 23:59 AOE (anywhere on earth) applies.
Best paper and student paper awards
Awards for Best Paper and Best Student Paper will be presented to the corresponding author(s) at the conference. The best student paper will be selected among the ones mainly only by students (i.e., authors a PhD as of the paper submission deadline). To qualify for the Best Student Paper award, the authors must indicate their eligibility upon submission at easychair. The program committee reserves the right to not give out a Best Student Paper award, or to split the award among multiple submissions.